This recipe is so retro, it’s actually a microwave recipe from a cookbook for our very first “Sharp” microwave (when microwaves first became a must-have!)
That means way back in early/mid 80s.
But there’s a reason I’ve kept this recipe around all these years, even though I’ve tossed out the (mostly terrible) book of recipes. It’s awesome!
Whenever I make this dish, it still gets rave reviews.
How To Make Cinnamon, Butter & Brown Sugar Carrots
- 8 Large Carrots
- 3 Tablespoons packed brown sugar (I’ve used light or dark)
- 4 Tablespoons Butter
- 2 Tablespoons water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- Peel carrots and cut into long thin strips. Set aside.
- Combine brown sugar, butter, water, salt and cinnamon in large casserole
- Microwave on high until butter is melted (about one minute). Stir to blend.
- Add carrots and stir until coated.
- Cover and microwave on high for 8 minutes.
- Stir again to blend.
- Microwave another 4-8 minutes (depending on thickness of carrot strips);
check tenderness and add cooking time as needed for desired tenderness.
Food recipes from http://www.yourpartytunedup.com