Have you ever had those garlic noodles from the box? The ones with the angel hair? I think Rice-a-Roni makes them. Well, that’s what these garlic parmesan noodles taste like, only better.
It shouldn’t surprise me that a recipe this simple has been at the top of our website for over 5 years. It’s pure comfort food. It’s simple. It’s fast. It cooks in one pot, including the pasta.
What’s not to like?
I used angel hair pasta which only takes 4 minutes to cook, and yes it is a white pasta. I searched high and low for whole wheat angel hair and couldn’t find it. 🙁
You start by making the sauce which has 6 cloves of garlic in it! I told you it was garlicky and add chicken stock, half and half (or whole milk) and parmesan cheese.
How To Make Parmesan Garlic Noodles
- 3 teaspoons olive oil
- 5-6 cloves fresh garlic, minced
- 3 Tablespoons butter
- 3 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 box angel hair pasta
- 1 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- 3/4 cup half and half (or whole milk)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper
- 1-2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped fine
- In a large saucepan, heat the olive oil and butter over medium heat. Add the garlic and stir for 1 minute. Season with some salt and pepper.
- Add the chicken stock.
- Turn the heat up to high and let it come to a boil.
- Add the pasta and cook according to directions.
- Take the saucepan off the heat and add the parmesan cheese and stir until completely melted.
- Add the half and half (or milk) and parsley.
- Add more cream or milk if necessary.
- Serve immediately
Food recipes from https://happilyunprocessed.com