It has so many amazing health benefits with it’s abundance of protein, unsaturated fats and essential vitamins and minerals, and it even helps to reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease and cancer
Plus, I love the taste of it! It worked so well in this “fried rice” dish, melding so beautifully together with all the veggies. Plus, the drizzled Sriracha was just the icing on the cake!
So here’s how you make this:
We’ll start by sweating out some garlic and onion for about 5 minutes or so.
Then we’ll add in our mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini, letting them get nice and tender.
Next goes in the corn, peas, carrots and quinoa.
Once that’s heated through, we’ll stir in the ginger and soy sauce.
And finally, we’ll add in the green onions and diced eggs (for the diced eggs, you can just fry 2 beaten eggs over low heat until completely cooked through).
HOW TO MAKE QUINOA VEGGIE “FRIED RICE”
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, divided
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small onion, diced
- 8 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1 head broccoli, cut into florets
- 1 zucchini, chopped
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/2 cup frozen peas
- 2 carrots, peeled and grated
- 3 cups cooked quinoa
- 1 tablespoon grated fresh ginger
- 3 tablespoons soy sauce
- 2 green onions, sliced
- Sriracha, for serving
- Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a medium skillet over low heat. Add eggs and fry until cooked through, about 2-3 minutes per side, flipping only once. Let cool before dicing into small pieces.
- Heat remaining 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet or wok over medium high heat. Add garlic and onion, and cook, stirring often, until onions have become translucent, about 4-5 minutes.
- Add mushrooms, broccoli and zucchini. Cook, stirring constantly, until vegetables are tender, about 3-4 minutes.
- Add corn, peas, carrots and quinoa. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 1-2 minutes.
- Add ginger and soy sauce, and gently toss to combine. Cook, stirring constantly, until heated through, about 2 minutes.
- Stir in green onions and eggs.
- Serve immediately, drizzled with Sriracha, if desired.
Food recipes from https://damndelicious.net