The queso starts with peppers, onions, and sausage cooked down in a skillet. Then you add some diced jalapenos (have you ever bought them diced like this? Love them!), and a can of chili.
How To Make The greatest Queso that ever lived
- 3/4 lbs. lean ground beef, browned and drained*
- 2 lbs. block of Velveeta, cubed
- 2 (10 oz.) cans Rotel (original, mild, or hot- whatever your preference), drained
- 1 (7 oz.) can diced, roasted green chiles
- Combine all the ingredients in a crock pot. Melt on low until smooth (approx. 2-3 hours) or high (approx. 1 hour). Once melted, keep crockpot on low.
Recipe from http://www.simplexfood.com